gnucash's dependencies criticized/OT

Michael P. Soulier msoulier@storm.ca
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 22:26:28 -0400

--PW0Eas8rCkcu1VkF

On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 09:51:22AM -0400, Paul Lussier wrote:
>=20
> Thanks for the explanation.  I never realized exactly how=20
> environments like Gnome or KDE work.  I found it quite enlightening=20
> to realize that they're just expanding the basic Unix philosophy of=20
> pipes, sockets, and redirection to a much greater scale.
>=20
> Knowing this, I feel a little better (though I still don't think I=20
> need sound to print ;)=20

    It's really no different than COM from Microsloth. It's an API for IPC
(interprocess communication). The only problem is that if you don't use the
IPC features, you're just wasting disk space.=20

    Mike

--=20
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>=20
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessari=
ly a
good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could=
 be
dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead." -- RFC 1925

--PW0Eas8rCkcu1VkF

--PW0Eas8rCkcu1VkF--