problem with price quotes in gc1.6.0

Leach, Chris J (Oakton) LeachCJ@az1.bp.com
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 18:03:51 +1000

Do you have your http_proxy environment variable set correctly?
I tried running the finance-quote-help perl script manually with
("fidelity_direct" "FUSEX")
("fidelity_direct" "FRTXX")
("yahoo" "TRMB")
as input.
FUSEX failed but it appears that Finance::Quote::Fidelity does not know
about it.
FRTXX does do the web query but returns #f, I suggest
that you take a close look at what is being return and how F:Q:F is
handling it.
I get results for TRMB.
- Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: honkycat@speakeasy.net [mailto:honkycat@speakeasy.net]
Sent: Monday, 25 June 2001 5:10 PM
To: gnucash-user@lists.gnumatic.com
Subject: problem with price quotes in gc1.6.0

Hello,

I still cannot update stock or mutual fund price quotes
in gnucash (other than by hand, but that hardly counts).
Previously, gnucash would crash on me, but after installing
CPAN modules Date::Manip and Finance::Quote (or something
like that) it seems to be better.  Still doesn't work,
but handles its failure more gracefully.

The report I get from the command line is:
> [bigjoe@bonk bigjoe]$ gnucash --add-price-quotes finance/gnucash.xac
> (handling-request ("fidelity_direct" "FUSEX" "FRTXX" "FLPSX" "FDIVX"
"FBALX"))
> (handling-request ("yahoo" "TRMB"))
> gnucash: [W] "Unable to retrieve quotes for these items:
>   FUND:FUSEX
>   FUND:FRTXX
>   FUND:FLPSX
>   FUND:FDIVX
>   FUND:FBALX
>   NASDAQ:TRMB
> Continuing with good quotes.
> "
> [bigjoe@bonk bigjoe]$

Any idea why?  I tried adding the patch to handle quotes
in commodity labels (posted a week or two ago) but that
seems to make no difference.

thanks

joey