gnucash-user digest, Vol 1 #427 - 3 msgs

Michael T. Garrison Stuber garrisonstuber@bellsouth.net
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 08:36:03 -0400

--On Wednesday, June 27, 2001 06:49:07 AM -0500
gnucash-user-request@lists.gnumatic.com wrote:

> pc@subantarctic.org.uk

Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME tp <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
'Import site failed; use -v for traceback
Fatal Python error: couldn't import os
Aborted

I had the same issue when trying to use GNUCash on Mandrake.  It seems that
the issue was one of the libraries (Guppi I think) having a dependency on a
newer version of python that wasn't enforced by the RPM's.  I went ahead
and upgraded python, pythonlib, and tkinter, and everything was happy.
Here is the list of RPMs I had to install on Mandrake 8 to get GNUCash to
run:

Guppi-0.35.5-5mdk.i586.rpm
g-wrap-1.1.10-2mdk.i586.rpm
libguppi11-0.35.5-5mdk.i586.rpm
pythonlib-1.28-1mdk.noarch.rpm
readline-4.2-2mdk.i586.rpm

python-2.1-1mdk.i586.rpm
python-devel-2.1-1mdk.i586.rpm
tkinter-2.1-1mdk.i586.rpm

Note:  You will have to upgrade python, python-devel, and tkinter all at
once.
I used RPMs from Mandrake Cooker.  What distribution are you trying to run
on?