gnucash-user digest, Vol 1 #427 - 3 msgs

Paul Carroll pc@subantarctic.org.uk
Sat, 30 Jun 2001 17:58:17 -0400

On Thursday 28 June 2001  8:36 am, you wrote:
> --On Wednesday, June 27, 2001 06:49:07 AM -0500
>
> gnucash-user-request@lists.gnumatic.com wrote:
> > pc@subantarctic.org.uk
>
> Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
> Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
> Consider setting $PYTHONHOME tp <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
> 'Import site failed; use -v for traceback
> Fatal Python error: couldn't import os
> Aborted
>
> I had the same issue when trying to use GNUCash on Mandrake.  It seems that
> the issue was one of the libraries (Guppi I think) having a dependency on a
> newer version of python that wasn't enforced by the RPM's.  I went ahead
> and upgraded python, pythonlib, and tkinter, and everything was happy.
> Here is the list of RPMs I had to install on Mandrake 8 to get GNUCash to
> run:
>
> Guppi-0.35.5-5mdk.i586.rpm
> g-wrap-1.1.10-2mdk.i586.rpm
> libguppi11-0.35.5-5mdk.i586.rpm
> pythonlib-1.28-1mdk.noarch.rpm
> readline-4.2-2mdk.i586.rpm
>
> python-2.1-1mdk.i586.rpm
> python-devel-2.1-1mdk.i586.rpm
> tkinter-2.1-1mdk.i586.rpm
>
> Note:  You will have to upgrade python, python-devel, and tkinter all at
> once.
> I used RPMs from Mandrake Cooker.  What distribution are you trying to run
> on?

Hi Mike,

Thanks a lot for the detailed reply. I'm using Mandrake 8.0 and the following
packages:

Guppi-0.35.5-6mdk.i586.rpm
g-wrap-1.1.10-2mdk.i586.rpm
libguppi11-0.35.5-6mdk.i586.rpm
pythonlib-1.23-2mdk.noarch.rpm
readline-4.2-2mdk.i586.rpm
python-2.0-9mdk.i586.rpm
python-devel-2.0-9mdk.i586.rpm
tkinter-2.0-9mdk.i586.rpm

I also get my packages from Cooker, and as you can see from the above list,
the Python packages are somewhat older than yourse. I'm downloading the
updated versions to match your list now, and I'll let you know how I get
along.

In the meantime, thanks for the quality help!

--
Paul Carroll
email:	pc@subantarctic.org.uk