changing transaction's account; acting on groups of transactions?

Jessica Millar Young ney@cs.dartmouth.edu
Thu, 01 Mar 2001 22:02:40 -0500

1) Is it possible to change the account a transaction is in?
For example, I'd like to move a transaction from
my "USA Bank" account to a subaccount "USA Bank:checks".

2) Is there an easy way to do this for multiple transactions
that match a pattern?  For example, I'd like to move
all transactions in my "USA Bank" account that have "check"
in their payee to the subaccount "USA Bank:checks".

I would be willing to use a guile script if possible.
Can I do this in the 1.5 (development) version?

please cc' me on any response, as I've just subscribed
to the list and may not be receiving it yet.  Thanks,

Neal Young
ney@cs.dartmouth.edu