changing transaction's account; acting on groups of transactions?

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
Fri, 02 Mar 2001 13:05:41 -0800

Jessica Millar Young writes:

> 1) Is it possible to change the account a transaction is in?
> For example, I'd like to move a transaction from
> my "USA Bank" account to a subaccount "USA Bank:checks".

Sure, just change the account the same way you entered it,
by changing the account in the 'Transfer' field of the
register.

> 2) Is there an easy way to do this for multiple transactions
> that match a pattern?  For example, I'd like to move
> all transactions in my "USA Bank" account that have "check"
> in their payee to the subaccount "USA Bank:checks".
>
> I would be willing to use a guile script if possible.
> Can I do this in the 1.5 (development) version?

There is no easy way with the GUI other than to search
for all the matching transactions in the 'Find' dialog
and then move each one by hand.

But if you're willing to write a guile script then you
could definitely automate it, yes.

dave