gnucash is is installed now, but won't start

Rob Browning rlb@cs.utexas.edu
16 Mar 2001 22:48:19 -0600

"Florian Schaefer" <zini@gmx.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I finally got gnucash installed, however, I cannot start it. At least I
> get tons of error-messages. I attached them.
>
> The file gnucash cannot find exists as a .scm:
>
> florian@zini:~ # l /usr/share/guile/slib/mklibcat*
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 6288 Apr 2 2000 /usr/share/guile/slib/mklibcat.scm

I think your problem may be that you don't have a proper catalog file.
Ususally if you install slib as a package (i.e. rpm or deb), then the
install scripts are supposed to handle setting up the catalog file for

Presuming I'm right about what's wrong, then you should be able to fix
it by running the command Jim suggested in an eariler message (as
root):

  guile -c "(use-modules (ice-9 slib)) (require 'new-catalog)"

Hope this helps.