gnucash is is installed now, but won't start

Florian Schaefer Florian Schaefer" <zini@gmx.de
17 Mar 2001 08:38:38 CET

On 16 Mar 2001 22:48:19 -0600, Rob Browning said:

> > I finally got gnucash installed, however, I cannot start it. At least I
> > get tons of error-messages. I attached them.
> >
> > The file gnucash cannot find exists as a .scm:
> >
> > florian@zini:~ # l /usr/share/guile/slib/mklibcat*
> > -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 6288 Apr 2 2000 /usr/share/guile/slib/mklibcat.scm
>
> I think your problem may be that you don't have a proper catalog file.
> Ususally if you install slib as a package (i.e. rpm or deb), then the
> install scripts are supposed to handle setting up the catalog file for
>
> Presuming I'm right about what's wrong, then you should be able to fix
> it by running the command Jim suggested in an eariler message (as
> root):
>
>   guile -c "(use-modules (ice-9 slib)) (require 'new-catalog)"
>
> Hope this helps.

Thank you for your support. But in the mean time Dave gave me the
important tip. I just had to start gnucash once as root. But I still
don't know what this did to my system.

Ciao
Florian