1.4.10 crashes on Reports->Transaction Report

Paul Lussier pll@mclinux.com
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 10:14:32 -0500

In a message dated: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 09:57:30 EST
Jean-David Beyer said:

>1.) How come the mailer daemon for this mailing list does not stuff
>the gnucash-user@lists.gnumatic.com into the ReplyTo field. The way it
>is now, if I do not fix it, it replies only to the original poster.
>That may be fine, but not usually what I want. Am I unusual, or should
>this be fixed?

Personally I prefer this setup.  Too many times (on other lists
though) I've meant to reply only to the poster, and not the entire
list.  Just my personal preference here.

>2.) As a newbie, I am just getting 1.4.10 working. It was the latest
>thing last week or so when I downloaded it. Is upgrading to 1.4.11
>considered a good idea? Are the database files compatible? I.e., do I
>just get an RPM for the new one and rpm -Uvh it? (Running on
>R.H.L.6.2)

1.4.10 I'm assuming should be fine for you.  I discovered a bizarre
(though not major) bug in 1.4.9 where the sorting of Months in a
Transaction Report was completely wrong.  This led me to upgrade to
1.4.10, which the developers thought might fix the problem.

However, with 1.4.10, for some reason there's a misplaced exit() call
which causes gnucash to exit if one selects Reports->Transaction
(actually, I'm the only one I know of that experienced this bug.
 Would you mind trying this, since you have 1.4.10 installed and make
 sure it's not just me :)

This exit() bug led to the recent release of 1.4.11, which just got
released last night.  The exit() bug is gone, however the sorting bug
is back (don't know if ever actually left in .10, since I could never
generate the report :(

So, if you're happy with 1.4.10, and find no major problems, you
could probably just stick with it.  I don't know if anyone's released
rpms for it yet.
--

Seeya,
Paul