Projection using Accounts Payable and Account Receivable

Claudemir Todo Bom todobom@wiredway.com.br
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 22:06:03 -0300

Ben Stanley wrote:

> Claudemir,
>
>      What I'm looking for, is a way to project the flow of incoming
>      and
>      outgoing money, based on due dates of records on accounts
>      payable and
>      accounts receivable.
>
> There are currently plans to implement a budgeting system which will
> help you to do this. It will allow you to put in regular income and
> expenditure and to budget the funds, to perform projections etc.
>
> Unfortunately, it's not going to be out for quite some time yet, and I
> don't have any suggested workarounds.

I was thinking on one dirty workaround, unfortunately I do not know how
to code in Scheme... let's see if somebody can help me:

The workaround involves only a new report, the user (me) needs to place
the due date on the Note (Description?) field of AP/AR entries,
something like $due: yy/mm/dd$

The report (written in Scheme) should look at this field, extract the
due date and make the projections.

I don't think it should be difficult (to someone that knows Scheme), and
nobody wants that something like this get released and widely used (I am
wrong?)

>      Best regards, and sorry by my bad english...
>
> Hey, I could understand it...

Good

Best regards,
--
   (   /'_ _ _/ (   /_     \  Claudemir Todo Bom
      teleinformatica /    |    http://www.wiredway.com.br/~allgood
http://www.wiredway.com.br \