Features for gnucash-1.6?

Tor-Øyvind Gundersen tor@gundersen.nu
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 19:43:07 +0200

At Friday, 23 March 2001, grib@gnumatic.com (Bill Gribble) wrote:

> [...approaching feature freeze...]
>
> It's not here yet, though :) so I thought I'd ask what features people
> are most hoping will make it into 1.6.  Hopefully they're already in
> 1.5 but if not there's still some time left.

Sorry I'm late, but I just realized I've got a request. I've been
looking through the preferences several times without luck.

My Background: I've set up an account for, say, DVD's. (If you would
call it an asset or expence doesn't really matter for my request.
) And whenever I buy some new DVD's, I enter a new transaction with
the name of the shop in the decription field, and the different DVD's
as splits.

My Wish: I'd like a "clean" view of my DVD-collection, like one line
for each DVD.

The Problem: When viewing an account in single line mode only the
transaction's description field is shown on each line, making it
impossible to get the overview I'd like. Also, viewing in double
line mode is not as clean as I'd like.

The Request: For each account, give the user the option to show transaction
descriptions or split descriptions when viewing in single line mode.

OK, that's it. I'm currently using version 1.4.10 and I don't have
a clue of what to expect from 1.6 (except that it's worth waiting
for), perhaps it's already solved.

If I'm barking up the wrong tree and should structure my accounts
or enter my transactions another way, I'd appreciate if someone could
enlighten me.

Tor-Øyvind Gundersen
tor@gundersen.nu