Features for gnucash-1.6?

Stephen P Williams stephen_p_williams@pacbell.net
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 11:08:40 -0800

On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 11:38:45AM -0600, Bill Gribble wrote:
> I don't know what proportion of the people on gnucash-user use the
> 1.5.x development series as opposed to the stable series, or how
> closely people follow the development process, but we are approaching
> a feature freeze in advance of a 1.6 release.
>
> It's not here yet, though :) so I thought I'd ask what features people
> are most hoping will make it into 1.6.  Hopefully they're already in
> 1.5 but if not there's still some time left.

I have one request:

Would it be possible to special case the behavior of `commit' on the `new'
transaction line so that you don't have to keep clicking the `Move to the blank
transaction at the bottom of the register' button in the toolbar?  Could a
keyboard accelerator be added (suggest Ctrl-N)?

I often find myself entering checking account transactions after I have
entered future transactions (e.g. paychecks, scheduled bill payments, etc.) for a
later date.  I usually edit in `auto-double' mode, and as soon as I complete
typing in a new transaction:

  1. the new transaction gets sorted into date order (this is okay)
  2. the `cursor' moves to the next transaction in date order after
     the sort (this is annoying).

I've been really impressed with how far GnuCash has come in the last year, and
I'm looking forward to 1.6 (but maybe not until 1.6.1 ;-).

--
Steve Williams