Closing out a year?

Paul Lussier pll@mclinux.com
Thu, 10 May 2001 14:57:28 -0400

In a message dated: Thu, 10 May 2001 13:50:54 CDT
Linas Vepstas said:

>This is one reason why the implementation of books is stalled.=20
>There is a proposal describing exactly what needs to be implemented, but
>no one has done this yet.  Shouldn't be hard, its just that there's a
>lot.

Oh, okay.  Assuming I can live with that for the moment and I decide
to keep everything in one file until this implemented, will there be an
easy way to go back later and close out a previous year and save all
that year's transactions in a different file?

I could just finish up last year, close everything out, then save to
a different file name to keep last year's stuff separate.  Then
continue on with the existing file and add all this year's stuff to
it.  That's easy enough I suppose, then I would have all the data
from last year separate, but I don't know how I'd isolate this year's
stuff from last year's in the "ongoing" file.

I'm more curious than anything.  It's not a feature I need anytime
soon.

Thanks,
even an
--