How to handle UITs.

Roland Roberts roland@astrofoto.org
31 Oct 2001 20:08:57 -0500

I have two accounts which are part of New York State's "College
Savings Program".  These are unit investment trusts managed by
TIAA-CREF.

The problem is that these are similar to mutual funds but are not
publicly traded so there is no ticker.  With stocks or funds which are
publicly traded, I run "gnucash --add-price-quotes" and the values are
updated.  How can I get GnuCash (version 1.6.2) to value these just
based on the last purchase show the account doesn't perpetually show
up with a zero balance?

Of course, if someone knows how I can look these up on the net, I'd
love to know that, too!

roland
--
		       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD