gnucash 1.6.x on Solaris 7/8

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
31 Oct 2001 22:54:06 -0800

--=-RW/7kKjErypazCLW7x7s

On Wed, 2001-10-31 at 20:03, Charles Gagnon wrote:
> Got it. Seems like it's an issue with the hardware and the way GTK handle=
s 8
> planes color maps. It seems like it simply strips away some of the colors=
 but
> it was never an issue before. With Gnucash, the checkmark ended up gone.
>=20
> I ran the same code on a newer Ultra with a Creator2D card (depth 24 plan=
es)
> and I get tones more colors in my Gnucash window including... you guessed=
 it:
> the darn checkmarks.

Aha.

> Could be worth a mention somewhere since A LOT of the Sun hardware has 8 =
bit
> color cards.

So is there a way we could fix this for these 8 bit systems?
In the code that allocates the color, we specifically set
an option to look for a 'close' color if it can't find the
one selected. I would have thought it would at least pick
something green :)

dave

--=-RW/7kKjErypazCLW7x7s

--=-RW/7kKjErypazCLW7x7s--