restore in 1.6?

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 10:25:24 -0600

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 10:13:08AM -0600, Kara Pritchard was heard to remark:

> Hey everyone,
>
> Via searching in the wonderful world of Google, I've found reference to
> restoring from logfiles via a script for gnucash 1.4, but no references to
> a valid restore yet for 1.6. Any news?
>
> After my initial install of gnucash, I manually entered 400 checking
> transactions, went to add a new acct type under "expense" and POOF
> everything disappeared. (including all my transaction types). *Sigh* too
> bad it worked the dozen other times I'd done that...
>
> Anywhoo, there's a transaction log I'd really like to salvage. Attempts at
> the obvious have, unfortunately, failed.
>
> Pre-thanks to whoever points out the obvious that I likely missed ;-)

With some effort, it should be possible to ressurect the perl scripts
for gnucash-1.6.  But you'd need coding abilities, and some patience ...

--linas

--
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas@linas.org>