Account type choice

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws@murraytel.com.au
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 08:32:50 +1100

I might be explaining too much here, but the Aussie investment scene is so
different from the U.S.

I have an investment with a finance company.  We call it "bonds" it is
basically either a debenture - a loan of my money secured on the assets of
the company, or "unsecured notes", which do not have any security.  These can
sometimes be traded on the Stock Exchange, but I am not interested in this.
For accounting purposes, it is an interest-bearing loan.  There doesn't seem
to be a Gnucash account really suited to this.  The nearest is to set up an
ordinary Bank account.  Is this right?

Doug.