Automatic loan payment calculation.

Paul Lussier pll@mclinux.com
Tue, 06 Nov 2001 15:52:02 -0500

In a message dated: 06 Nov 2001 13:26:58 CST
"Timothy J. Miller" said:

>One feature that Quicken does I find infinitely useful is automatically
>splitting loan payments into principal and interest, especially since on
>home and auto loans the interest portion decreases over time.
>
>Can I do this in gnucash?

Not yet, but it's been a much asked for feature, so many of us are
hoping for it in an upcoming/future release.

The next big feature add is scheduled transactions.  Which I believe
has been the most requested feature.

FWIW, though you can't do automatic calculations, it's easy enough to
enter this stuff manually as a split.  Combine that with scheduled
transactions, and you're mostly the way there.

Now, one thing you could do is write a script to autmagically
generate this stuff (the formulae are pretty standard and well known)
and spew the data either in xml format or qif format and periodically
import the data into gnucash.

--

Seeya,
Paul

			  God Bless America!

	...we don't need to be perfect to be the best around,
		and we never stop trying to be better.
		       Tom Clancy, The Bear and The Dragon