GnuCash crash recovery

Anthony W. Juckel awj@digitalgreen.com
11 Nov 2001 15:18:49 -0600

After a fair account re-arranging session, GnuCash crashed on me.  As I
hadn't hit save during the process, I lost about an hours work...  I've
noticed that GnuCash stores quite a few .xac and .log files in the
directory it saves to, so I'm wondering if those could be used to
recover the information that I lost.

I did a quick mailing list search, and I found that someone had written
a quick and dirty recovery perl script for the 1.4.x series.  I've
downloaded the script, but I can't seem to find the perl libraries it
requires (I have gnucash installed via .deb), and I'm not sure that it
would work on the 1.6.x series..I just don't know what changes there
were to the engine.  So, I'm wondering what would be my best option for
recovering this data?  Or am I better off just redoing the work (I
didn't lose any transactions, I was just rearranging them)?

Anthony W. Juckel
GnuCash 1.6.4 (debian/sid)