Generating QIF files

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Sat, 17 Nov 2001 11:55:24 -0600

On Sat, Nov 17, 2001 at 03:17:37AM -0500, Nicolas Marchildon was heard to remark:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I've written a small and very basic Java package that I've used for importing
> legacy stuff into GnuCash, and I have made it available here:
>
> http://nicolas.marchildon.net/gnu_qif/

I've copied the package and put it on the gnucash ftp site.
I also added a link to you page on the gnucash 'utilities' page.

> allowed to use the "gnu" prefix.

you can use the gnu prefix as long as its gpled and there's no other
naming conflicts.  Choose a name wisely.

> Again, it's very basic, but it has satified my needs. I added lots of
> documentation, compared to the size of the package, so I hope that will at
> least be useful for somebody. It includes very small examples, with
> screenshots of GnuCash.

Pleae clarify what it does.  sound like its java classes that write out
QIF. But what do they read in? anything?  Or do you have to be  java
programmer to use this?   Is this the begining of an 'anything-to-qif'
converter ???

--linas

--
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas@linas.org>