Generating QIF files

Nicolas Marchildon nicolas@ice.com
Sat, 17 Nov 2001 13:39:30 -0500

Linas Vepstas écrivait/wrote:
> I've copied the package and put it on the gnucash ftp site.
> I also added a link to you page on the gnucash 'utilities' page.

Thank you!

> you can use the gnu prefix as long as its gpled and there's no other
> naming conflicts.  Choose a name wisely.

Then, for now, I'll keep the "gnu.qif" name.

> > Again, it's very basic, but it has satified my needs. I added lots of
> > documentation, compared to the size of the package, so I hope that will
> > at least be useful for somebody. It includes very small examples, with
> > screenshots of GnuCash.
>
> Pleae clarify what it does.  sound like its java classes that write out
> QIF. But what do they read in? anything?  Or do you have to be  java
> programmer to use this?   Is this the begining of an 'anything-to-qif'
> converter ???

Yes, it's exactly the begining of an 'anything-to-qif' converter, where a
programmer would use the gnu.qif classes to define their transactions and
accounts, and output everything when ready.

The classes don't read anything in. They just wait to be instanciated and
used. It was exactly what I needed for my personal financial data.

Thanks again,

Nicolas