gnucash and rh7.2

Rob Brown-Bayliss on_the_net@clear.net.nz
22 Nov 2001 21:23:37 +1300

omes with Gnucash. When you installed RH72 did you choose
> gnucash to be installed? If so all the dependencies were resolved
> for you by the installer. If not then you gotta do it by hand. I
> did it that hard way on one machine, decided next time to slog my
> way through the package selection screens to avoid the hassle.

I installed everything from RH7.2, mainly because it's my policy,
install the lot rather than spend 40 mins fart with the package
selector, but then I booted up, instaleld redcarpet from ximian and
installed evolution. nothing else but red carpet from red hat would not
work, so I had to install gnucash from ximian, but red carpet would not
let me because it belived there were problems, so I downloaded by ftp
and instaled from the shell and all works fine.

Sorry, not very clear or concise (beer and wine tonight) but needless to
say gnucahs, even with the help of installers is still not easy to get
going, but atleast it's being distributed,  100 million more users and
were home free!

--

  Rob Brown-Bayliss