EURO

lmb lars@marowsky-bree.de
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 12:42:00 +0100

--CE+1k2dSO48ffgeK

On 2001-11-24T05:04:26,
   Linas Vepstas <linas@linas.org> said:

> > I am a french user of Gnucash. And, as you may know till the end of the
> > year our
> > currency will no longer be FRANC but EURO.
> > How can I transfer my gnucash accounts from FRANC to EURO?
> >=20
> > One method would be to open a new EURO account, re-create all the
> > subaccounts,
> > take the values of all the corresponding french subaccounts at a date
> > and enter these values as the opening values.
> > Isn't there an easier way to do so?

Hi Noelle,

unfortunately, a "really easy" way doesn't exist yet; gnucash doesn't
understand that the Euro currencies are all equivalent and only _displayed_=
 in
either Franc, Deutsche Mark etc.

I solved the problem by simply entering everything in EUR right from the
start; I do not have DM accounts at all. This works out rather well because=
 as
I said, they are already just representations of the EUR currently.

I just convert all transactions to EUR before entering them.

The one annoying thing to solves was that I have cash in EUR-equivalent
currencies too and would like to keep track of them. I finally gave in and =
now
have "cash DM", "cash .nl" accounts, all in EUR. I have "misplaced" about 1
euro-cent so far because of rounding errors (probably my own fault). The on=
ly
glitch is that I can only see the EUR equivalent; but thats probably good
training for 2002 ;-)

Sincerely,
	Lars

--=20
"I'm extraordinarily patient provided I get my own way in the end."
        -- Margeret Thatcher

--CE+1k2dSO48ffgeK

--CE+1k2dSO48ffgeK--