usability questions

John Thompson John.Thompson@attglobal.net
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 10:59:04 -0500 (CDT)

Now that I have gnucash working properly again (thank you, Linas, you are
a gentleman and a scholar!) I have a couple of minor usability questions:
first, is it possible to tell gnucash to open a specific account when
started? I'm really only using it for my checkbook at the moment and would
like to avoid having to wade through "Assets...Current Assets...Checking
Account" every time I open the program.

Second, I'm a keyboard kind of  person, at least when it comes to entering
data into gnucash, and find it awkward to have to use the mouse to change
entry dates, select expense categories, etc.  I'm thinking something on the
order of this: with the cursor in the date field, using the right and left
arrow keys to change the day, up and down arrow keys to change the month
so I don't have to use the rodent for this.  The same idea for the expense
category: tab over to the field, then use the arrow keys to scroll through
the available categories.  Is this possible?

--

-John (John.Thompson@attglobal.net)