Deposit Slip

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 12:24:17 -0500

On Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 07:20:23AM -0500, David Raleigh Arnold was heard to remark:
> I saw your screen shots.  You have no deposit slip.  You should have a
> deposit slip, where cash and checks can be entered in a batch and then
> the appropriate deposit slip(s) and cash report are printed.  This is
> really only a sort of temporary account, but no postings are done until
> after printing.
>
> Your program is useless for many people without it.

My program is useless in many other ways as well.

> The reason you
> don't have it is because you slavishly imitate the commercial checkbook
> programs,

No, you are wrong. I did not imitate any other checkbook program,
commercial, or otherwise. I simply coded in the fashion that I like to
code.  There is no 'borrowing' or 'prior art'.

> If you had a deposit slip, which searches the
> previous entries of course, you would quickly get serious numbers of new
> users, because they would drop the likes of Quicken like a hot rock.

Well, the source code is available to you.  Roll up your sleeves, and
start coding.  That's what I do when its missing a feature that I wish
it had.

This is a volunteer effort. So volunteer!  You do no one a service by
being rude and insulting.

--linas

--
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas@linas.org>