weird piechart problem

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 10:27:45 +1000

On Wed, 10 Oct 2001 04:50:51 Greg Woods wrote:
> I'll explain how I got into this mess later, because it's kind of
> convoluted. I have a working installation of GnuCash 1.6.[34], or
> almost. Everything (that I use) works, except one thing: when I do an
> expense account piechart, only the very last account in the expense
> account list appears to be included in the calculation. Expense bar
> charts and income/expense bar charts work fine, as does the *income*
> accounts piechart. I can also see by looking at the "Edit Account"
> window for a few selected accounts that the expense accounts appear to
> be properly marked as type "Expense" (which they must have been or the
> bar chart would have had the same problem). *Only* the expense account
> pie chart has this problem. Unfortunately, the expense account pie chart
> is the one thing that shows me where my money is going in a concise,
> easy to read form, and the one thing that I went through the trouble to
> install 1.6 for, so this is kind of important to me. I have no doubt (as
> those who want to read about it will see) that the problem isn't in the
> main GnuCash code itself. It almost has to be in one of the Gnome
> packages, but I'm hoping somebody can help me figure out which one.

The kind of bug you're describing sounds very much like a gnucash-specific
bug rather than a GNOME bug, but I'll probably need more information
to be able to fix it.

Bring up an expense account piechart, then click on the "options"
toolbar button.  Go to the "account" tab in the options dialog box
that appears, and check which accounts are selected.  If there are accounts
you wish to display that aren't selected, click on them to select them, and
change
the "Show accounts until level" option to "all", then click ok to re-render
the piechart.

If that doesn't fix the problem please let me know.
Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net

Go You Big Red Fire Engine
-- Unknown Audience Member at Adam Hills standup gig