weird piechart problem

Greg Woods greg@gregandeva.net
Tue, 09 Oct 2001 23:19:18 -0600

Robert Graham Merkel wrote:

 >Greg Woods wrote:
>> Everything (that I use) works, except one thing: when I do an
>>expense account piechart, only the very last account in the expense
>>account list appears to be included in the calculation.

> The kind of bug you're describing sounds very much like a gnucash-specific
> bug rather than a GNOME bug

I kind of thought so at first, except given how I arrived at this
problem, I really thought it must have something to do with the
convoluted system of packages I've created.

> but I'll probably need more information
> to be able to fix it.

I'll certainly do all I can to help and I appreciate you taking the time
to respond.

> Bring up an expense account piechart, then click on the "options"
> toolbar button.  Go to the "account" tab in the options dialog box
> that appears, and check which accounts are selected.

When I do this, it certainly looks as though all the expense accounts
are properly selected.

> change
> the "Show accounts until level" option to "all", then click ok to re-render
> the piechart.

I tried that, and it has no effect. The same thing happens, only the
last expense account in the selected list is included in the
calculation. Since this is a level 2 account (Vacation:Travel), I also
tried setting the level to "1" to see what would happen. When I do that,
I get a page that says "No data: the selected accounts contain no
data/transactions (or only zeroes) for the selected time period"

--Greg