Copy and Paste (was: QIF syntax question)

Glen Ditchfield gjditchfield@acm.org
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 09:50:32 -0500

On October 10, 2001 02:20 pm, Jeb Bateman wrote:
> I don't know, on one hand I agree with you.  I would rather C-x C-v
> copied and pasted transactions.  But then again, many people will be
> confused and lost by the inability to copy/paste text via the Edit
> menu.  Perhaps it could be coded to copy the current transaction if no
> text was selected, (and otherwise copy the text).  Is that possible?

I'd like C-c and C-x to copy and cut the currently selected thing: if a whole
field or substring is selected, take it.  If the transaction is selected,
take the whole transaction.  The key UI point is that there has to be a way
to select the transaction, and to show that the transaction is selected (as
opposed to just being the 'active' transaction, with the cursor in one of its
fields).  It would be nice if the text of the 'Ctl+c' Edit menu item changed
as necessary.
   In a multi-line style, does it make sense to select and copy a single
split?
   In the tree of accounts, does it make sense to select and copy an account?