German Chart of accounts?

Christian Stimming stimming@tuhh.de
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 11:01:43 +0200

Holger Mitterwald wrote:

> I like to do small business accounting with GnuCash. In order to do it
> right I am searching for german chart of accounts (Kontenrahmen).
> Has anybody already created such a thing or at least part of it?
> I would prefer some of the standardized COAs like "Industriekontenrahmen",
> "Handelskontenrahmen" or that created by DATEV.
>
> Anybody that can help me there?

We don't have any of those standarized charts of accounts yet. All we
have are the accounts that you get from the account creation wizard
[druid] which I basically made up by myself. Fortunately those accounts
roughly fit into the standarized structure, phew.

If you happen to create such a standarized "Kontenrahmen" in GnuCash
anyway, then we would really appreciate if you could send it to us for
inclusion in future version. I'm neither an accountant nor I am doing
business accounting, so I'm glad about any help from german users.

Christian Stimming