Bug Report [was Re: German Chart of accounts? ]

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 11:30:53 -0500

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 11:01:43AM +0200, Christian Stimming was heard to remark:
> Holger Mitterwald wrote:
>
> > I like to do small business accounting with GnuCash. In order to do it
> > right I am searching for german chart of accounts (Kontenrahmen).
> > Has anybody already created such a thing or at least part of it?
> > I would prefer some of the standardized COAs like "Industriekontenrahmen",
> > "Handelskontenrahmen" or that created by DATEV.
> >
> > Anybody that can help me there?
>
> We don't have any of those standarized charts of accounts yet. All we
> have are the accounts that you get from the account creation wizard
> [druid] which I basically made up by myself. Fortunately those accounts
> roughly fit into the standarized structure, phew.
>
> If you happen to create such a standarized "Kontenrahmen" in GnuCash
> anyway, then we would really appreciate if you could send it to us for
> inclusion in future version. I'm neither an accountant nor I am doing
> business accounting, so I'm glad about any help from german users.

When using the latest unstable (not 1.6) version of gnucash, and
attempting to connect to a postgres db, the account creation wizard
can't find the example chart of accounts:

** WARNING **: Failed to open module gnucash/backend/postgres

** WARNING **: : could not locate gnucash/backend/postgres interface v.0

Warning: gnc_session_int_backend_lo...():  failed to load 'postgres'
backend
Error: sixtp_sax_start_handler: Tag <gnc> not allowed in current
context.

Error: sixtp_handle_catastrophe: parse failed at

(stack-frame 0x82c9500
             (parser 0x828ea88)
             (tag (null))
             (data-for-children (nil))
             (data-from-children)
             (frame-data (nil)))

I'm not sure whether postgres has anything to do with this, though ...

--linas

--
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas@linas.org>