Bug Report [was Re: German Chart of accounts? ]

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
18 Oct 2001 14:54:01 -0700

--=-iwzM4WKQIo8dpWsGW5sx

On Thu, 2001-10-18 at 09:30, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 11:01:43AM +0200, Christian Stimming was heard to=
 remark:
> > Holger Mitterwald wrote:
> >=20
> > > I like to do small business accounting with GnuCash. In order to do i=
> > > right I am searching for german chart of accounts (Kontenrahmen).
> > > Has anybody already created such a thing or at least part of it?
> > > I would prefer some of the standardized COAs like "Industriekontenrah=
men",
> > > "Handelskontenrahmen" or that created by DATEV.
> > >=20
> > > Anybody that can help me there?
> >=20
> > We don't have any of those standarized charts of accounts yet. All we=20
> > have are the accounts that you get from the account creation wizard=20
> > [druid] which I basically made up by myself. Fortunately those accounts=
=20
> > roughly fit into the standarized structure, phew.
> >=20
> > If you happen to create such a standarized "Kontenrahmen" in GnuCash=20
> > anyway, then we would really appreciate if you could send it to us for=20
> > inclusion in future version. I'm neither an accountant nor I am doing=20
> > business accounting, so I'm glad about any help from german users.
>=20
> When using the latest unstable (not 1.6) version of gnucash, and
> attempting to connect to a postgres db, the account creation wizard=20
> can't find the example chart of accounts:
>=20
>=20
> ** WARNING **: Failed to open module gnucash/backend/postgres
>=20
> ** WARNING **: : could not locate gnucash/backend/postgres interface v.0
>=20
> Warning: gnc_session_int_backend_lo...():  failed to load 'postgres'
> backend
> Error: sixtp_sax_start_handler: Tag <gnc> not allowed in current
> context.
>=20
> Error: sixtp_handle_catastrophe: parse failed at=20
>=20
> (stack-frame 0x82c9500
>              (parser 0x828ea88)
>              (tag (null))
>              (data-for-children (nil))
>              (data-from-children)
>              (frame-data (nil)))

I can't seem to duplicate this, but I'm not entirely sure what
is going on here. When you say you are attempting to connect
to the postgres db, what do you mean? The account creation
wizard always loads from files. What steps do you take to
get this error?

dave

--=-iwzM4WKQIo8dpWsGW5sx

--=-iwzM4WKQIo8dpWsGW5sx--