Bug Report [was Re: German Chart of accounts? ]

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 17:17:25 -0500

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 02:54:01PM -0700, Dave Peticolas was heard to remark:
> On Thu, 2001-10-18 at 09:30, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> > Error: sixtp_sax_start_handler: Tag <gnc> not allowed in current
> > context.
> >
> > Error: sixtp_handle_catastrophe: parse failed at
> >
> > (stack-frame 0x82c9500
> >              (parser 0x828ea88)
> >              (tag (null))
> >              (data-for-children (nil))
> >              (data-from-children)
> >              (frame-data (nil)))
>
> I can't seem to duplicate this, but I'm not entirely sure what
> is going on here. When you say you are attempting to connect
> to the postgres db, what do you mean? The account creation
> wizard always loads from files. What steps do you take to
> get this error?

OK, just checked, this has nothing to do with postgres.
Also, I tried again with today's CVS unstable HEAD ...
I just click on 'new file', and the 3rd(?) wizard panel:
'Choose accounts to create' comes up blank, with the above error
message.

So I examined /usr/local/share/gnucash/accounts/C/
and it had some old, crufty stuff from back-when in
that directory.  I removed that stuff, reinstalled, and bingo,
it now works.

Suggested fix: only read a file from that directory if it has
the file extension '.gnucash-xea', otherwise ignore the file.

I don't know how many poeple would have this problem, because I don't
know what version number at which things changed.  But anyone who
instaled by hand, rather than rpm/apt from back then, would have this
problem.

--linas

--
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas@linas.org>