gnucash no longer works... :-(

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 00:00:45 +1100

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001 05:58:43 Patrycjusz Łogiewa wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been using gnucash for a while on a Debian sid setup but since
> 1.6.1-4 it stopped working. First there was the libgtkhtml problem - the
> package insists on libgtkhtml14, which is no longer available bu this I
> worked around. Nevertheless now the gnucash says to me on startup a mere:
>
> ERROR: no such module (g-wrapped gw-runtime)
>
> and that's all.
>
> I would really be glad to get it back to work since my unprocessed
> transaction pile starts collapsing of its own weight...
>
> Any clues?

Yep.  The current Debian g-wrap package is broken.  If you have an earlier
version in your apt cache, reinstall that.

I'm sure the Debian maintainer will fix the package soon (he has been away)
or if not somebody will NMU a fixed version.

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net

Go You Big Red Fire Engine
-- Unknown Audience Member at Adam Hills standup gig