"You should back up your files regularly..."

Randall Hopper aa8vb@nc.rr.com
Sun, 2 Sep 2001 09:52:17 -0400

   "You should back up your files regularly.  Just copy your GnuCash data
   file to a floppy or other backup device."

I just got this Tip of the Day, so I'll ask.  Gnucash has several files it
leaves around in the save directory:

       gnucash.dat
       gnucash.dat.<datetime>.log  (many)
       gnucash.dat.<datetime>.xac  (many)
       gnucash.dat.LCK
       gnucash.<#>.<#>.LNK

I'm sure the last two aren't relevent for backups.  And .xac seems to be a
historical (S)ave backup of gnucash.dat.  But what about the .log files?
Should I be saving those as well?  Or is there any potential value in that?

Thanks,

Randall

--
Randall Hopper