Mutual Fund Transfers

Dale Alspach alspach@math.okstate.edu
Wed, 05 Sep 2001 09:45:15 -0500

To me this does not seem to be a transfer. You are selling Fund A and
buying Fund B.  These are two transactions that have profit, loss and
tax consequences. There may also be fees involved.

I find the use of the word transfer in Gnucash to be a little odd. For
example, after reconciling a credit card bill Gnucash will pop-up a window
asking me if I want to transfer funds from my bank account to the credit
card account. As an individual (rather than a financial institution)
I don't usually think of paying bills as a transfer. Perhaps
this is standard accounting terminology.

Dale Alspach