GTT: Announce & Question

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 10:00:54 -0500

--a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 04:41:20PM -0400, Jonathan Blandford was heard to r=
emark:
> linas@linas.org (Linas Vepstas) writes:
>=20
> > So, the 'big question': what is the best way of tying/integrating this
> > with gnucash?=20
>=20
> What kind of integration are we talking about? =20

Well, I'm not sure.  That's why I asked ....

> The current way to
> communicate between two applications in GNOME is to create an IDL
> interface, and talk between them.  Or do you just mean save a file that
> gnucash can use?

Stupid question, but maybe you know teh answer: the IDL compiler for
gnome -- is it gnorba? Is it capable of creating more general language
bindings (kind-of-like swig does)?

Here's what I really want these days:  an IDL compiler that can read my
IDL, and auto-generate XML readers and writers.  =20

(I recently wrote xml for gtt, and it is very very repetitive
cut-n-paste, and should really have been auto-gened from an IDL)

(optionally, create SQL readers and writers, but SQL is a lot harder).

--linas

--a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C

--a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C--