Will GnuCash ever work for me?

Paul Lussier pll@mclinux.com
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 16:03:34 -0400

In a message dated: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 12:50:39 PDT
Andy Davidson said:

>I ran into similar difficulties and just gave up.  I upgraded my copy of
>Quicken and am back using it on Windows.  I'll just wait for this to settle
>out when Debian Woody comes out.

Hmmm, are you running Potato now?  I'm running Sid, and just did an
apt-get install gnucash and had no problems with 1.6.x.  Apt-get did
"all the right things" for me.

If you're courageous, try:

	1. pointing /etc/apt/sources.list at sid
	2. apt-get update
	3. apt-get install gnucash
	4. change /etc/apt/sources.list back to stable
	5. apt-get update

You should be able to get gnucash installed okay doing that.

--

Seeya,
Paul

			  God Bless America!

	...we don't need to be perfect to be the best around,
		and we never stop trying to be better.
		       Tom Clancy, The Bear and The Dragon