Will GnuCash ever work for me?

Andy Davidson 'pheon@hevanet.com'
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 18:05:54 -0700

On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 04:03:34PM -0400, Paul Lussier wrote:

> Hmmm, are you running Potato now?  I'm running Sid, and just did an
> apt-get install gnucash and had no problems with 1.6.x.  Apt-get did
> "all the right things" for me.
>
> If you're courageous, try:
>
> 	1. pointing /etc/apt/sources.list at sid
> 	2. apt-get update
> 	3. apt-get install gnucash
> 	4. change /etc/apt/sources.list back to stable
> 	5. apt-get update
>
> You should be able to get gnucash installed okay doing that.

Well, no.  I tried that. And what I got was:
	  gnucash: Depends: libgal9 (>= 0.10) but it is not installable
	           Depends: libgtkhtml14 (>= 0.11.1) but it is not installable
	E: Sorry, broken packages

Thanks for the idea, though.

andy

--
        Andy Davidson   --- Pheon Research
   If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything.