Will GnuCash ever work for me?

Paul Lussier pll@mclinux.com
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 10:02:47 -0400

In a message dated: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 18:05:54 PDT
Andy Davidson said:

>Well, no.  I tried that. And what I got was:
>	Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
>	  gnucash: Depends: libgal9 (>= 0.10) but it is not installable
>	           Depends: libgtkhtml14 (>= 0.11.1) but it is not installable
>	E: Sorry, broken packages
>
>Thanks for the idea, though.

Did you try apt-get install'ing libgal and libgtkhtml individually?

I had similar problems, and after individually installing some
dependencies, installing gnucash went without a hitch.

Attempting to install these 2 individually may also reveal other
error messages which clarify why they wouldn't auto-install as
dependencies of gnucash (one of my big complaints about apt-get is,
though it usually does a great job, when it fails, it's errors are
less than enlightening!).
--

Seeya,
Paul

			  God Bless America!

	...we don't need to be perfect to be the best around,
		and we never stop trying to be better.
		       Tom Clancy, The Bear and The Dragon