Will GnuCash ever work for me?

Paul Lussier pll@mclinux.com
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 12:26:55 -0400

In a message dated: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 21:19:50 PDT
Andy Davidson said:

>It still doesn't work.  WHen I try 'apt-get install libgal9', I get:
>	Reading Package Lists... Done
>	Building Dependency Tree... Done
>	Package libgal9 has no available version, but exists in the database.
>	This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
>	never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
>	of sources.list
>	E: Package libgal9 has no installation candidate

Try apt-get remove'ing which ever version of libgal is currently
installed, and doing an apt-get update, then an apt-get install
libgal9.

You might also need to point apt/sources.list at sid/unstable then
apt-get update'ing before some of this works correctly.

I've been running sid/unstable for over a year now with no problems.
--

Seeya,
Paul

			  God Bless America!

	...we don't need to be perfect to be the best around,
		and we never stop trying to be better.
		       Tom Clancy, The Bear and The Dragon