XML size (was: no subject)

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
02 Apr 2002 12:34:49 -0500

Rob Browning <rlb@defaultvalue.org> writes:

> That's a good concern.  If you could use the "normal" postgres setup
> where you had one server and you connected to it via SSH (or
> whatever), you'd be set, but I don't know off the top of my head
> whether or not postgres' physical databases are platform independent,
> same goes for sqlite -- definitely something we'd have to
> investigate...

I think finding an embedded sql system would be a great approach,
provided the database is portable.  I think the overhead of setting up
a SQL server is greater than many users want to have, but if we can
get the benefits of a database by using an embedded system (which
would hide from the user the fact that SQL is being used), that would
be ideal.  The user still sees a "file" but we're using SQL internally.

So, any good pointers to embedded SQL systems?