Importing 2001 Quicken file to 1.6.6

Robert A. Uhl ruhl@4dv.net
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 09:42:05 -0600

On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 08:03:27PM -0400, Paul Lussier wrote:

> Open up the QIF file in a text editor (you might want to make a
> backup copy of the original first) and begin by deleting all but the
> first record, and then test the import.  If that works, add the
> second record, then the third.  At some point it should become
> obvious what the problem is.

It might be better to use a binary search--cut out half the QIF, then
attempt to import.  If there's a problem, then it's obv. in the first
half.  So cut out half of what remains, and try again.  If there's no
problem, then it's obv. in the second half; add half of what you
removed back in, and try again.  Iterate until the bad entry is found.

--
Robert Uhl <ruhl@4dv.net>
I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in