user reports

David Fries dfries@mail.win.org
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 21:27:03 -0500

--bp/iNruPH9dso1Pn

I'm using the debian packaged gnucash 1.6.6
What I want to do is to design my own reports.

My questions are, where do I put the scheme code to load my report,
and how do I add a directory to the search path for the reports?

I'm finding the only way to load a report is to modify the
/usr/share/gnucash/report/report-list.scm file, except that requires
root access and it would force my report on any other user.

What I have found is I can add

(gnu:depend "options-utilities.scm")
(use-modules (gnucash report my_report))

to the ~/.gnucash/config-1.6.auto file and it will load it from the
search path once... and then that file is over-written.

The other thing is I don't like the search path.  Strace lists the
search path as,
/usr/share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/report/
/usr/share/guile/gnucash/report/ /usr/share/guile/site/gnucash/report/
/usr/share/guile/1.4/gnucash/report/ /usr/share/guile/gnucash/report/
=2E/gnucash/report/

With the last path as being a relative path.  ie I start gnucash from
a different directory and it can't find my report anymore.

--=20
		|      David Fries                |
		|      dfries@mail.win.org        |
		| http://fries.net/~david/pgp.txt |