user reports

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
15 Apr 2002 16:51:31 -0700

--=-uDYGfdtedrIbKmkUXdqG

On Sat, 2002-04-13 at 19:27, David Fries wrote:
> I'm using the debian packaged gnucash 1.6.6
> What I want to do is to design my own reports.
>=20
> My questions are, where do I put the scheme code to load my report,
> and how do I add a directory to the search path for the reports?
>=20
> I'm finding the only way to load a report is to modify the
> /usr/share/gnucash/report/report-list.scm file, except that requires
> root access and it would force my report on any other user.
>=20
> What I have found is I can add
>=20
> (gnu:depend "options-utilities.scm")
> (use-modules (gnucash report my_report))
>=20
> to the ~/.gnucash/config-1.6.auto file and it will load it from the
> search path once... and then that file is over-written.

GnuCash first looks for ~/.gnucash/config-1.6.user and, if it exists,
loads that file instead. It is never written to by gnucash. If you want
the .auto file loaded as well (to get your preferences) put
(gnc:load "config-1.6.auto") into the .user file.

dave

--=-uDYGfdtedrIbKmkUXdqG

--=-uDYGfdtedrIbKmkUXdqG--