duplicate checks when importing from .qif

Steve Neuharth steveneu@tiny.net
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 12:59:48 -0500

    OK... I'm a fairly new user so please bear with me.
    I'm wanting to use gnucash as a check register but occasionally download
qif's from my bank to make sure that I haven't missed anything. I did and
import last week and everything seemed fine. I did an import today and the
import duplicated all the checks that had cleared my bank instead of
"divining" that check #4444 that was D/L'd is actually check #4444 that I
had entered in my register.
    Shouldn't my checks show up in the importer as potential dupes? The only
thing I can figure is that the checks are imported with the name "CHECK"
with a transaction type of "UNSPECIFIED" and the trans type is throwing the
whole thing off. But, you'd think that gnucash would notice the check number
and "figure it out".