duplicate checks when importing from .qif

Ollie Acheson Ollie Acheson <oacheson@acheson.org>
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 19:29:48 -0400

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 08:27:34AM +1000, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
> No, it doesn't.  Quicken doesn't, either  Neither one has human intelligence.

Actually Quicken (at least 2002 version) comes pretty close, providing
a very good guess when matching downloaded transactions to
transactions already in a register. You then accept or reject
Quicken's suggested match. If you accept, then Quicken marks the
transaction as cleared. Only rarely do I have to override
its choice.

I would think this is a feature gnucash would do well to emulate.

Ollie

--
| Ollie Acheson             |