a different conversion from BEF to EUR

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas@apestaart.org
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 11:48:16 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I live in Belgium and I would like to convert my BEF accounts to EUR.
I have tried the wizards, but they do not do what I want.  I can
understand how what they do makes sense from other people's point of view,
but for me it's a hassle to have each account be split up in a "before
conversion" and "after conversion" part.

What I would rather want is actually fairly simple ;-) I want to reach
into the data files, convert each amount to EUR by dividing them by
40.3399, and then change the id for the currency from BEF to EUR.
A clean one-stop conversion, making me believe that I never ever typed
anything in in BEF.

My question is : is there some way in the current framework to do that ?
If not, how hard would it be for me to understand the basic format of
gnucash data files and do this myself ?

Thanks,
Thomas

I looked up at Anna