(automatic?) purging of backup files

Jeff Morriss morriss@pobox.com
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 22:27:17 -0400 (EDT)

Hello list,

Does anyone think that it would be a good idea to have automatic purging
of GNUcash's backup files after a while?

I use GNUcash quite a bit and my main account file has gotten fairly big:

mozart [~/]> ll Life/GNUcash/RJM
-rw-rw-r--    1 morriss  morriss   3922360 Aug 20 21:49 Life/GNUcash/RJM

that's fine, but the backups are killing me:

mozart [~/]> du -sk Life/GNUcash/
671932	Life/GNUcash

I assume that I can delete the old ".xac" and ".log" files with no
problems, but shouldn't GNUcash clean up these things periodically?
E.g., "There are backups more than 3 months old, would you like to delete
them to save disk space?"

Regards,
-Jeff

ps.  Please Cc: me on any responses as I'm not on the mailing list...

--
Robert "Jeff"rey Morriss          Senior Support Engineer (by day)
morriss@pobox.com                 Ulticom (Mount Laurel, NJ;  USA)

"Our imagination is stretched to the utmost, not, as in fiction, to imagine
 things which are not really there, but just comprehend those things which are
 there."	- Richard Feynman