import/export of files

Tom Weinstein tweinstein@cmtengr.com
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 14:41:40 -0500

	I have a simple problem.  I am relatively new to linux and I have been
toying around with different distros looking for the right one.  Because of
this, I need to find out how to import and export my gnucash logs properly
so I can keep them up to date.  I thought it would be easy enough but when I
did a recent install, I went to open the files and I got a dialog box
telling me that it appeared to be in the format of a newer version of
gnucash and that I would have to update.  So here's the catch.  I know for
an absolute fact that the version I'm trying to import into is exactly the
same as the version that was used originally.  Now, I did keep an image of
the filesystem from the previous install so I can backtrack to continue
work.  But I really would like to know an efficient way to do this the right
way.  I hope that makes sense.  I thought maybe the original files might
have user settings that need to be opened up but I haven't had a chance to
test that theory.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated....