Re[2]: Nothing works on Red Hat

vitaliy rybalka vitaliy rybalka <v.i.t@gmx.de>
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 22:05:00 +0100

Hi Jim, hello all,

I have a feature suggestion to improve *Ease Of Installation* of
GnuCash. I, as a man of limited time resources, am eager to donate
and advocate donating small amounts of money (via PayPal) to certain projects which
save people time.

Here I have three projects in mind:
1. http://www.a-a-p.org/features.html     A-A-P as a meta package manager
(alpha stage, author == Bram Moolenaar of VIM fame)

2. GnuCash as finance manager.

3. http://www.lycoris.com/    Lycoris as an easy to install & use Desktop Linux Distribution
(release stage, uses RPM package manager, but is based on Caldera.
 It's KDE only, so I faced the same situation as Jim Philips.

Who can write a GnuCash AAP Recipe ? I offer (as little as) EUR 40 for these requirements :
1. Works off GnuCash CVS Server, thus makes possible enabling HBCI support
2. Knows where to get existing RPMs of *ALL* projects GnuCash depends upon.
(CVS can be used directly from AAP Recipe code. RPM is no problem either.)
3. Installs upon latest stable Lycoris Distribution.

People, let's donate money and/or implement, it is the Right Thing (c)!
I'm not sure if there's a PayPal account for GnuCash, but why not?!

With respect and best regards to GnuCash community,
Vitaliy Rybalka
OSS Software GmbH
http://www.oss.de